Nurslink are recruiting on behalf of their client a care services manager, you will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team of staff, volunteers and student placements, providing specialist palliative care and support to individuals, their carers and families.
This Job role offers the perfect life balance working Monday to Friday – 8.30am to 4.30pm, (No more long hours) why would you miss this opportunity?
As the Care Services Manager you will provide leadership and operational management for all Day Hospice Care Services, ensuring the delivery of high-quality care in all settings. In collaboration with other members of the management team, you will contribute to the strategic aims of the organisation and work to ensure objectives are achieved.
You will lead by example to assure high levels of professional performance and conduct, by ensuring all staff fulfil the requirements of their role and adhere to all organisational policies and procedures.
You will work closely with the Head of Hospice Services to ensure that Day Hospice Services are compliant with regulatory bodies, such as the Care Quality Commission and ensure compliance with ICS, Quality Schedule and Healthwatch requirements.
The important part – Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide professional leadership, coordination and development of the hospice and associated services therein. For it to grow and develop the Hospice’s reach groups and individuals who would benefit from our support.
- Create a safe, comfortable, and caring environment for all patients and their families and carers.
- Empower team members, enabling seamless and equitable access to holistic palliative care services for all patients.
- Provide a holistic, coordinated palliative care approach using specialist knowledge.
Become the boss, oh yes – Managerial duties:
- Co-ordinate Day Hospice services on a day-to-day operational basis and ensure effective management of paid staff and volunteers.
- Provide clinical leadership and support to team members ensuring appropriate assessment and provision of management plans for new patient referrals.
- Set and audit standards of care provision in accordance with clinical governance standards.
- Plan and allocate workload to the Day Hospice team, empowering the team to fulfil their respective roles.
- Recruit and manage volunteers within Day Hospice services and Receptionists.
- Encourage and foster good working relationships and teamwork with staff and volunteers in all departments.
- Review and update care policies, guidelines, and procedures as appropriate.
The exciting part of the role – Clinical duties:
- Monitor all aspects of patient care including the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of specialist palliative care provision for patients and their families within Day Hospice, ensuring external health care professionals are informed and communicated with effectively to ensure the patient and family receive the highest possible standard of care.
- Ensure all referrals are dealt with effectively and within agreed standards.
- Ensure adequate provision of supervision and support for staff who daily manage complex psychological needs of patients and families, to prevent accumulative work-related stress.
- Provide and Contribute to the training and learning needs of internal staff, volunteers, and external placements as required by the organisation.
- Ensure electronic patient records are maintained as required in accordance with Information Governance.
- Ensure safe and proper arrangements are in place for the clinical needs of patients with regards to Hospice transport.
- Work collaboratively with the Family Support & Bereavement Services Team to ensure provision of counselling care to patients and carers/family where appropriate.
- Act as Safeguarding Lead for adults.
- Act as the Accountable Officer in respect of controlled drugs (in accordance with the Health Act 2006), including attending Local Intelligence Network meetings.
- Lead on matters related to infection prevention and control.
- Attend MDT meetings and any other meetings related to patients as appropriate.
- Maintain own knowledge of palliative and end of life care and professional standards.
we`re recruiting on behalf of our client, Nurslink Recruitment will provide one to one support with you application, get in touch today.